How Do I Measure Out Granite Countertops? November 28, 2017
Are you curious how much your new granite countertops will cost? In order to land on a number, we’ll need measurements of your space.
At Lexmar, we always measure every project ourselves before work begins, but if you’d like to measure your own kitchen before you walk in our door, you’ll have a rough estimate.
Here are tips on measuring your kitchen for new countertops:
- First, decide if you would like your new countertops to be the same size of your existing countertops. If you plan to extend them, include that larger surface area in your number. Often homeowners decide to increase the size of their island to accommodate stools, for example.
- Next, use a measuring tape to measure the length from the wall to the edge of the kitchen counters. Also note the length and width of each counter.
- Measure the length and width of the sink, stove, and any other inclusions.
- Are you interested in replacing your wooden window sills with granite? Measure that space too.
- Sketch out the layout of your kitchen on graph paper, if handy. Include cooktops and sinks.
Bring your measurements to Lexmar and we will walk you through an estimate and help you find the right counters to fit your home and wallet.
Also, keep in mind, one of our expert design and installation members is always happy to come out and measure for you. We can help with extension suggestions and other alterations you may want to make.